Be a Host
Host 5 professional volunteers & receive MYR10,000 to grow your organisation’s impact
5 benefits for Host Organisations
Funds, manpower, tools, trainings, and much more…
Receive MYR10,000 funds
As a Host Organisation with VIP you will receive a grant of MYR10,000 for your organisation to develop and launch a new social impact project.
Learn from & work with 5 volunteering professionals
Every VIP Fellow will be thoroughly screened before being deployed into your organisation. Every Fellow must have 5+ years of working experience in an area relevant to your organisation. This way maximum value and impact is assured through your collaboration as a Host Organisation with the international Fellows.
Develop & implement a new impact project
Starting a new project or initiative takes time, effort, and resources. The Fellows will support you in developing an effective framework to ensure maximum impact and sustainability. The seed grant of MYR10,000 will help you mobilize and implement the project immediately.
Get exclusive access to the Incitement Nonprofit Toolkit
The Incitement toolkit contains easy-to-use plug-and-play finance sheets to manage your organisation’s finances, a guide on how to apply for 10,000 USD free advertising budget on Google’s search engines monthly, pitch deck templates to allow you to better present your organisation’s work to raise funds or grant, and an impact measurement tool called Hourglass™ developed by Incitement in collaboration with Taylor’s Education Group.
Attend free trainings from ASEAN’s thought leaders (Flights & accommodation to and in KL included for non-Malaysia Hosts)
Attend a 5-day induction week in a beautiful location in Malaysia, receive hands-on training from renowned thought leaders in the nonprofit sector, and have an opportunity to bond with your group of Fellows and network with high-profile individuals and leaders from within Malaysia.
Previous Host Organisations
More than 20 nonprofits have gone before you with astonishing results!
This is the 3rd year of the VIP Programme. Whereas the first 2 years the programme focused on Malaysian organisations, but this year, due to high demand, registrations are open to the entire ASEAN region. See some of the previous Host Organisations who have experienced the benefits of the VIP Programme before you.
Important dates for Host Organisations
Everything you need to know about the VIP Programme as a Host
Deadline for online submission of HostsSubmit your application before 31 May if you want to participate in the VIP Programme. You can start your application here.
Shortlisting of Host OrganisationsYour application will be reviewed by the VIP Team and you will receive an official invitation letter if your organisation is accepted into VIP 2017.
Site recce with Host OrganisationsThe VIP Team will visit shortlisted organisations to conduct a site recce.
Announcement of Host OrganisationsParticipating Host Organisation will be announced officially and published on the VIP website. Applications for Fellows will then open.
Induction workshopThe first week you will receive hands-on training together with all the other Host Organisations and you’ll meet your Fellows as well. The VIP Team will be in touch with you prior to arrange your logistics and stay.
Launching ceremonyTogether we’ll kick off VIP 2017 at the Ministry of Finance (prepare to celebrate!).
Placement and impact projectsFellow placement at your Host Organisation starts. Fellows will arrive onsite to start their placement within your organisation.
Mid term reviewThe VIP Team is here for you 24/7 throughout the programme. And we’ll come to visit you for a mid-term review late October.
Submission of reportAfter your placement your group of Fellows, guided by your organisation, will submit detailed Impact Report to the VIP Team detailing your project and its impact.
Final presentation and closingYour Fellows will present your project, its development, implementation, and impact to all VIP Fellows and the Malaysian government.
An unique opportunity for nonprofits
What previous participants said about their experience at VIP
- Batik BoutiqueCommunity Development Through Innovative Batik Products
- Biji Biji Initiative Green Accelerator
- Dialogue in the Dark (DID) Malaysia Empowering the Visually Impaired
- eHomemakers ℅ Corpcom Project WHEE!
- Emporoh PLT Pua Kumbu Community Project
- Enactus Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) Lembah Bujang Eco Park
- Pertubuhan Perintis Malaysia / Street Feeders of KL Creating Livelihood for the BoP community
- Saora Industries Project HAUS
- Discover Muaythai Birth of A Hero
Questions & answers
If you’re interested in becoming a Host for VIP and if you fit all the eligibility criteria, then request your application form here and we’ll send it to your email inbox right away.
Once you have submitted your application it will take 3-5 working days for us to get back to you. If your application is accepted you will be invited for a Skype interview with the VIP team.
You can submit your application before May 31st, 2017. Applications submitted after 31st May will be kept in view for VIP 2018.
You will receive an official invitation letter, and you’ll start onboarding together with the VIP Hosts team.
Unfortunately, you will not be accepted into the VIP Programme. All hosts should be able to demonstrate the capacity and ability to work with 5 full-time professional volunteers for a period of 4-month.
Work together with purpose
As a Host Organisation your application will have a head start if your project is:
- Measurable Your organisation tracks & measures impact carefully and can demonstrate the ability to use data to create more impact.
- Impactful Your organisation can show direct impact of the project, and significant impact in the community or environment.
- Sustainable Your impact project has a lasting impact on its beneficiaries and you can demonstrate the ability to sustain the project even after the VIP Programme ends.
- Innovative Your impact project is innovative, either in its output, implementation, or management.
Does my organisation qualify?
These are the criteria your organisation must meet in order to qualify as a Host organisation
- Your organisation has identified an impactful project for Fellows to work on
- You can build clear role descriptions for each Fellow
- You can demonstrate that your organisation has the capacity to work with 5 full-time volunteers for a period of 4-months
- You have a clear point of contact for the Fellows within your organisation (manager or mentor)
Become a Host today
Work with ASEAN’s leading NGOs & create meaningful impact
Become a Host Organisation
- You will receive a seed grant from the Ministry of Finance
- Global exposure with knowledge exchanged with the entire VIP and Incitement network
- Work with 5 volunteering professionals with substantial experience in their respective fields.
- All of this, for four months!